Why do I have to login through Facebook?
All Kama users must have a Facebook account to validate their identity and to provide their friend connections. Kama is all about friends of friends, and so we need to know who your friends are to get you connected to the best possible matches!
Are you going to post on my timeline?
No, Kama will never post to your timeline. Facebook may display that you’ve downloaded the app, but you can prevent this by changing the visibility settings to “Only Me” in the app center preferences.
What do you do with my information?
Why do you ask for access to my email address?
To send you emails, of course! We sign you up for our awesome newsletter and alert you when important things happen on Kama that are relevant to You can unsubscribe from either form of communication at any time directly from the emails we send, or from your settings within Kama.
Why do you ask for access to my pictures?
So you can show off your lovely self to your potentials. Currently Kama displays your 12 most recent profile photos from your Photo Library, Instagram or Facebook.
What about the rest of my info?
Your work history, education history, likes etc. are used when we introduce you to someone new. The more information we have, the better introduction we can make, and the easier it is to get the conversation started.
Can I permanently remove my information and de-authorize my account?
Of course. To delete your Kama account, go to the settings screen within the app and select “Delete ”. Then go into Facebook Account Settings and remove Kama under Apps.
Last revised October 29, 2015
NOTICE CONCERNING CHILDREN: We require users to be at least 18 years of age. We do not intend for anyone under the age of 18 to use any of the features or services we offer from the Site, and we certainly do not direct any of our content specifically at children under 18 years of age. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com
Information Collection Practices. We collect information from you as described below:
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE: Kama will collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us. For example:
- We collect the information you upload to your public profile page (“Profile”), including your occupation, company title, education level, height, religion, demographic information, interests, and any other information you choose to provide. By default, the information that you provide in your Profile will be visible to other registered users of the
- We collect the information you provide about your love/dating interests, including preferred gender(s), age ranges, education levels, and religious and demographic preferences. We collect this information to show you potential matches (each, a “Potential Match”) in your area or the geographic area you select that have listed matching criteria.
- When you post content (text, images, photographs, messages, comments, or any other kind of content) on our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users will be able to see it, along with your profile photo and any other information that you choose to make
- When you identify another Potential Match that you are interested in, we will share your Profile, including the information you have provided therein, with the Potential Match, so that they may determine if they’d like to start directly communicating with you via the Services. Likewise, if you accept an invitation to message another Potential Match, we will share your Profile information with the Potential Match.
- If you tell us where you are by selecting the city and state where you are currently located or searching for a Potential Match, we may store and use that information to provide you with location-based Potential Matches.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as the messages that you send to other users of the Services.
- When you order Services on the Site, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information and billing information.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you send messages to other users of the Site, the information contained in your message will be shared with the intended recipient and they will be able to see it.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or giveaway on our Site, we may ask you for your e-mail address and/or home number (to notify you if you win or not). We may also ask for first and last names, and sometimes post office addresses to verify your identity. In some situations we may need additional information as a part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice. These sweepstakes and contests are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules for each sweepstakes and contest that you enter.
- We may also collect personal information at other points in our Site that state that personal information is being collected.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY:
- Log Files. When you visit or make use of the Site we may collect some information about you automatically. For example, our servers automatically recognize visitors’ domain names and IP addresses (the number assigned to computers on the Internet). The Site may also gather “traffic data” that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer. For mobile devices, we also collect device-specific information such device type, operating system, UUID and device tokens that allow us to diagnose issues and send device-specific notifications. You may also elect to share other information automatically such as geolocation.
- Cookies. We may use “cookies” (a small piece of data stored on your computer’s hard drive). Cookies help us learn which areas of our Site are useful and which areas need improvement. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you choose to disable this function, your experience on the Site may be diminished and some features may not work as they were intended.
- Pixel Tag In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ personal information.
- Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our Application(s). This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the Application(s), and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Application(s) crash on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Application(s). This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
SOCIAL NETWORKS: Our Site allows you to register using social networking sites, such as Facebook, (each, an “SNS”) and to interact with friends through those SNSs. If you are not currently registered as a user of the Services, and you click on “Sign In” using Facebook or another SNS that we support, you will first be asked to enter your Facebook or SNS credentials and then be given the option to register for the Services. In this case, we may receive information from Facebook or another SNS to make it easier for you to create an account on our Services (“Account”) and show our relevant content from your Facebook or SNS friends. Once you register on the Site and connect with Facebook or another SNS, you will be able to automatically post recent activity back to Facebook or the other SNS. In general we collect your profile picture, name, date of birth, friends list, email, and current employer from Facebook or your SNS (“SNS Profile Information”). We may also collect the last twelve pictures you have uploaded to your Facebook or SNS account and add them to your Profile. However, any information that we collect from your Facebook or other SNS may depend on the privacy settings you have with that SNS, so please consult the SNS’s privacy and data practices. We may also track your check-ins and activities on and across our Sites, and on third party sites that use our services and compare them to others in the community. We may use this information to process and display your rankings, rewards, recognitions, virtual items and gifts and to perform analytics, as well as to sort and filter information to tailor user experience. You have the option to disable Facebook connect at any time by logging into your Account and going to settings and then selecting “Delete Account”.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU ABOUT OTHERS:
- Email Invitations. If you decide to invite a third party to create an Account, we will collect your and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to access and upload the third party’s names and e-mail addresses as required above. You or the third party may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the removal of this information from our database.
- Friends List. As part of your use of the Services, we provide you the opportunity to connect automatically with your friends. We employ various techniques in order to facilitate friends finding each other on our service, including offering contact importer tools to facilitate adding to your contacts (including Facebook Friends and contacts in your address ) so that you can more readily ask your contacts to join and communicate with you through the Services. With your permission, we will access your address book, and import your contacts’ names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, image, geographic location and Facebook IDs to facilitate automatic connection with your friends. We do this only for contact matching to help your friends and you find each other. Also, when you invite friends to the Services, we will access your address book and we will import your contacts names and phone numbers in order to facilitate the invitation. The e-mail that is sent to your friends will come from your e-mail address so that your friends know that you want to invite them to visit the Site. We do not store any passwords you provide as part of the contact import process. We also collect some settings that help us to interpret your data, such as the language and keyboard settings that you have established, and the phone’s carrier, mobile network code and mobile country code.
LOCATION INFORMATION: If you have enabled location services on your phone, we collect your location information to locate Potential Matches near you. If you do not want this information collected by us, you can change the settings by visiting the “Settings”app on your iOS device then going to Privacy, then selecting Location Services and disabling location services on your phone.
Use of Information
GENERAL USE: In general, the personal information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your personal information in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback; and
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Kama.
USER FEEDBACK: We may post user feedback on the Site from time to time. We will share your feedback with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting you name with your feedback.
CREATION OF ANONYMOUS DATA: We may create Anonymous Data records from personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion.
Sharing of Information. We disclose your personal data as described below and as described elsewhere in this Policy.
THIRD PARTIES DESIGNATED BY YOU: When you use the Services, the personal information you provide will be shared with the third parties that you designate to receive such information, including Potential Matches and other users of the Services with whom you have connected and are messaging.
THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS: We may share your personal information with third-party vendors, consultants and service providers who need access to this data to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or provide other services to us.
CORPORATE RESTRUCTURING: We may share some or all of your personal information in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets. In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, personal information may also be transferred as a business asset. If another company acquires our company, business, or assets, that company will possess the personal information collected by us and will assume the rights and obligations regarding your personal information as described in this Policy
Third Party Websites
The Site may contain links to other websites. We have no control over, do not review, and cannot be responsible for, these third party websites and their content. Please be aware that the terms of this Policy do not apply to these third party websites or their content. If you choose to visit other websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those other websites, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies.
Your Choices Regarding Information. You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
- De-Linking SNS. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your SNS account (e.g., Facebook) linked to your Account, then you may de-link the SNS account in the “Delete Account” section in your account settings. You may also manage the sharing of certain personal information with us when you connect with us through an SNS, such as through Facebook Connect. Please refer to the privacy settings of the SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Services and your social media account or mobile device.
- Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data Other than SNS Profile Information, you may change any of your personal information in your Account by editing your Profile within your Account. You may change any of the SNS Profile Information by editing your Facebook or other SNS account information accordingly. You may delete your personal information by visiting the setting page of your Account and selecting “Delete Account”. We may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.
- You can stop all collection of information by the Application(s) by uninstalling the Application(s). You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. You may at any time opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your location data by visiting the “Settings” page of your Account and adjusting your preferences.
Contact Information and Policy Updates
UPDATES AND CHANGES: We reserve the right, at any time, to add to, change, update, or modify this Policy, simply by posting such change, update, or modification on the Site and without any other notice to you. If we make any material changes in the way we use your personal information, we will notify you by sending you an e-mail to the last e-mail address you provided to us and/or by prominently posting notice of changes on our Site. Any changes to this Policy will be effective upon the earlier of thirty (30) calendar days following our dispatch of an e-mail notice to you or thirty (30) calendar days following our posting of notice of the changes on our Site. These changes will be effective immediately for new users of the Site, Application or Services. Please note that at all times you are responsible for updating your personal information to us with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address that you have provided us is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice. If you do not wish to permit changes in our use of your personal information, you must notify us prior to the effective date of the changes that you wish to deactivate your Account with us. Continued use of our Site, Application or Service, following notice of such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.